With the Super Bowl right around the corner, you’re likely wondering where on earth you should watch the Big Game.
It’s a pivotal life question. One we all must answer. Because there are important decision making factors such as: there should be food – GOOD food. And probably beer or alcoholic beverages of choice should be present and readily available. Most importantly, how can you be surrounded by Multiple Large screens all showing every play in High Def Detail!? May we humbly suggest making a reservation at the OldPro. Have your friends do the same! Avoid the beer run in between plays, and being chained to the grill. (Subsequently, avoid cleaning up afterwards!) If you have foolish friends or distant ones, come in anyhow, you will have the most passionate and jovial bunch of football lovers around you and you’ll make new friends. Game day friends.
So basically what we’re saying is that we will take care of the cooking, cleaning, beer-ing and big screens. All you have to do is make a reservation and show up!
Do you like your women hot, sweaty, and aggressive? Us too! In fact we’re watching these fiendish femme fatales all week here at the Old Pro. It’s the FIFA Women’s World Cup! The U.S. team has already achieved flawless victory against Australia this past weekend
Start your Friday night right and watch our women take on Sweden in a match to the death! Okay… so not quite a gladiatrix in the Roman Coliseum sort of thing. But it will be a tough game for the U.S. against #5 ranked Sweden. The Swedes are looking to move up in their world ranking as well as in the Cup standings after finishing the game against Nigeria at a draw.
Will they be hungry enough to beat out the #2 ranked United States? Let’s find out over a Paloma (very refreshing tequila drink) on Friday the 12th at 5p PST.
Game 3 is Here.
Our Warriors are in to win it. With the series tied at 1 – 1, the suspense is killing us!
But not for very much longer, tonight @ 6p PST we very much hope to watch the MVP curry some favor and dethrone King Lebron once again!
Join us for a lively dinner hour as we witness Bay Area Sports History go down.
First let’s imagine what ordering a Tom Brady would mean. It’s got to be something that looks good, tastes exciting, and then leaves a disappointing after-taste. Should it lead to misadventures and bad decisions, all the better. Let’s say 2 parts light rum, 1 part tequila, squirt for that jazzy citrus, blue curacao and grenadine for (obvs patriots) color, and a float of peppermint schnapps (gotta nod to that minty fresh smile). Serve it in a pint. Try it. You’ll see.
1. Both Tom Brady the Person and the Beverage are immediately attractive to men and women alike.
2. The beautiful appearance and the strength will be appealing to those who like to have an eye catching beverage that still does the trick. It lets your fellow bar patrons know that, yeah, you’re a fun kinda person, but you get down to business too.
3. Remember that first championship with the balls and the throwing and the ring and it was awesome?! He led his team in a glorious victory and we cheered him on. Now you are leading your team in a glorious night out where you’re first to ride that mechanical bull and talk to that attractive person. On To Victory!
4. Now the sugar starts to coat your mouth. Nothing is quite as vibrant and glorious. Still a good time, but maybe some questionable decisions are coming. Like you had to know those tapes in 2007 weren’t kosher… But hey! All for the good of the team, right? RIGHT?!
5. Your memory is pretty hazy after a few Tom Bradys. It’s almost like your brain decided to ignore your poor decisions. Like deflating those balls… Maybe it’ll all come back to you in a horrifying flash months later. You’ll feel the need to hold a press conference and come clean… Or maybe you will just bury your shame like a normal human being.
6. The next morning after your tango with the Tom Brady isn’t the worst, but goodness gracious, it is a BIT disappointing. Everything that seemed so charming and delightful last night has left you with little more than the feeling of witnessing something great fade before your eyes… And probably a blue tongue. That illusion of invincibility is gone, you’re just you, and Tom Brady is just some dude… married to a super model.
This Friday through Sunday is the NCAA Women’s Water Polo Championship tournament at Stanford!
Many of the women competing for collegiate glory are also Olympians. And lucky you, this tournament of champions is open to the public! For some world class athleticism, check out the schedule and tickets here. We are proud to be the go-to sports bar for Cardinals past and present.
But whether you’re cheering on Stanford or visiting from Princeton, we are here to feed hungry athletes and fans alike!
Steph Curry is the Most Valuable Player in the NBA this season!
Come cheer on the MVP and our Golden State Warriors as they continue their quest for dominance in the playoffs!
Check out the press on Curry from ESPN here. And then watch him take his opponents to task with us here!
The weather may be heating up, but the competition is on ice! The NHL playoffs are in full swing. Could the Mighty Ducks of our youth take the Stanely Cup during our adult-ish hood?
Enjoy this championship season with one of our signature cocktails like the classy Blackberry&Sage Old Fashioned, or get a kick out of our Raspberry Jalapeño Margarita!
Not sure when your team is playing? Check the schedule! Then check in with us and our 24 screens, we’ve got you covered for the rest.